I Have Visa B1/b2 But I Want To Get Green

The text discusses the process of adjusting one's status to become a lawful permanent resident in the United States through filing Form I-485, also known as the "Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status." It addresses eligibility for a green card while on a B-1 or B-2 visa and mentions the option to return to one's country of origin to apply or to obtain family sponsorship. The article also emphasizes the importance of determining eligibility and filing the correct forms with the appropriate fees. Finally, it touches on the consequences of filing for a green card while on a tourist visa and includes insights from an immigration attorney on the matter.

There are a few potential routes to obtain a green card from a B1/B2 visa. One common way is by adjusting your status while already in the United States. This involves filing Form I-485, the "Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status." Another option could be returning to your home country and applying for a green card through a family sponsorship or an employment-based immigration program.

It's important to carefully consider your individual circumstances and eligibility to ensure you choose the best path forward. Additionally, consulting with an immigration attorney can provide valuable insights and guidance.

If you have further questions or need assistance with the green card application process, feel free to ask for more information.

Green Cards - Timeline, Costs, and Types - Boundless ImmigrationB-1/B-2 Visa to Green Card: A Guide in Changing Status

Related Questions

Work fast from anywhere

Stay up to date and move work forward with BrutusAI on macOS/iOS/web & android. Download the app today.